Title

The PalArse of Westminster

Text

Exposing the hypocrisy, greed and incompetence of our "respected" elected political "elite".

Wednesday 9 October 2024

"Barrister Head" Get Shafted By Two Women

 


Rosie Duffield

‘Starmer is how he appears on TV – astonished that anyone dares question him’ 

 "Although, over the years, Starmer often claimed to be having conversations with her, this was simply not the case. 

She finally begged for a meeting just before the election. In the end she got 20 minutes with him. “It was utterly pointless,” she says. 

“He just looks like he does on television, utterly bewildered by being challenged, and affronted as well. He is astonished that anyone dares to question him. 

Friends in the legal profession will say to me, that’s his barrister head, because if you question a barrister, they believe you’re questioning their knowledge of the law and their absolute expertise on their subject. I was questioning him about the two-child benefit cap, and how it looked, and he just seemed baffled." 

“He is a politician who has no political talent. I did mention the gender stuff and that I had never had an apology, I said he never talked to the backbench which is the direct line to constituents." 

“The thing he said that really got to me was when he said: ‘I’ve wasted the last nine years. Rosie, you’ve wasted the last seven.’ And I took a minute. ‘What do you mean?’ And then I said, ‘Keir, I’ve helped over 60,000 constituents. It’s all recorded. I’ve done so much casework. How can you call that a waste of time?’ 

He said: ‘Well, I haven’t been in power.’ 

"Duffield ends by telling me that she likens her time in the Labour Party to an abusive relationship. “It was my party, and they have been consistently unpleasant as a group. They’ve been as unpleasant to be around as my abusive partner and that’s not something I’d say lightly. 

I will feel that sense of relief and freedom that I did when I left that relationship, but it hasn’t sunk in. So I can’t go ‘I’m free’ just yet.”

No comments:

Post a Comment